THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, August 8, 2011

IN CASE YOU FORGOT

Boo Hoo, I can't live on my Social Security check, Medicare parts A-Z or my pension from ABC Company. Who knew you would have to actually save for a rainy day and that the rainy day would actually come? The government never told me that I would have to depend on myself. They told me that I could live like a KING on Social Security, didn't they? I seem to remember that from somewhere.

And just in case you young people feel left out...why do you feel entitled to anything? Free health care? 99 weeks of unemployment compensation? In a perfect world (which this is not) this economic melt-down would remove all these MOMMY safeguards and people would have to start depending upon themselves as we did back in the "greatest generation" times written about by Tom Brokaw. Maybe every cloud DOES have a silver lining. Ours might be that this inability to pay for all of this NANNY-State anymore may cause us to get up off our collective asses, turn off "America's Got Talent" and go out and get an education, or at least a job. And for those of us who are paying for you losers out there who do neither, will demand an end to this nonsense. Paying someone for generations of inbred idleness, or because they partied their way through high school instead of paying attention and expecting MOMMY will kiss it and make it better....this may be the end of this. OR we could just increase the national debt another 10 trillion and reelect the same a-holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment