THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, January 16, 2012

SUNSHINE STATE

They don't call FLORIDA "The Sunshine State" for nothing. My family room faces East and this is what greets me almost every morning. I get up at O-dark-30 and make a pot of coffee. I crank up the laptop or iPhone or iPad depending on my mood and read some e-mails or maybe post to my Blog. Pretty soon the light starts to creep into the East window and then, sometimes, like a paparazzi's flash, the room is filled with light as the Sun leaps above the horizon. The color changes from moment to moment can be amazing ( I promise that there are no drugs or alcohol involved). When it is cloudy, sepia, as in this photos is the dominant theme. On a clear day it looks like a southwestern sky with bands of rose and baby blue. I used to sort of take the whole sunrise thing for granted because it is a daily occurrence. Now, I put aside whatever electronic gizmo I am using, lift my very large Pottery Barn cup of coffee up ceremonially, and "toast" the rising Sun. I give thanks for all that I have and the warmth and the light that the Sun brings to the Earth. Global warming... isn't that the idea?


No comments:

Post a Comment