THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, March 30, 2013

ZUMBA

ZUMBA is a very popular fitness method that is sweeping the country. There are studios everywhere including the little New England town of Kennebunk.  In the news this week, apparently a very attractive young lady, a fitness instructor and proprietor of a studio, was accused of prostitution, based out of that very same fitness studio.  I don't know if the accusations are true but it does conjure up many thoughts in my slightly off-kilter mind.

I am reminded of the Bill Clinton scandal and the appearance of a new word in the English lexicon... based upon the name of a young intern.  From then until the end of time, in certain circles, a specific form of carnal entertainment has become known as a "Lewinski."  I imagine, that, if all the juicy details of this latest scandal come out, including the names of the 100 "johns" who are prominent men in the community, that Zumba will enter the vernacular as a word that means more than exercise.  Catching some ZZZZs will take on a whole new meaning.

I also see myself as a "fly on the wall" of the typical Kennebunk kitchen, listening to the conversations surrounding this subject. "I was always suspicious since my husband has been taking Zumba lessons three nights per week for a year and he still wears the same size portly clothes." and "Who knew fitness sessions cost so much?" and finally "I thought Down Dog was only a position in Yoga."

Anyway,  I wonder if I looked up Zumba online the definition would be something racy in a romance language.  Sounds sexy anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment