THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Year's day is coming

Every year at this time people all over the civilized world make bold and empty promises to themselves called RESOLUTIONS. Though the intentions are good "eat right, exercise more, balance my checkbook" the success rate resembles that of Lindsey Lohan getting off chemical dependency. In fact, maybe even she made resolutions. Yet, every year, like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown, we fall for the notion that this year it will be different.

I prefer to make retrograde resolutions for the past year. I look back at, say, 2011, and see if I did anything better, then I claim it as my resolution. Voila, success. When shooting at targets, shoot first, then claim that whatever you hit was your intended target. Works every time. Why set yourself up for disappointment when you can have guaranteed success. It's the American way. Every kid gets a trophy, just or showing up, or not showing up, your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment