THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, October 30, 2010

VOTE EARLY and OFTEN


There is a natural assumption that in a doctor's lounge at a first class hospital, in the US, a medical doctor in a white coat would not only be good at his or her profession but would be clear thinking about other aspects of life as well. I probably shouldn't talk since I rode a motorcycle for decades and was an orthopedic surgeon, clearly an irrational decision. Nevertheless, there in the hospital on Friday morning, where medical doctors go after attending an early morning educational lecture, a "roundtable" of the very educated was gathered to have breakfast and exchange social commentary. There were eight doctors at our table. One of us was a flaming liberal Kool Aid drinking Obamaphile. It was not me. As the odd-man-out expressed his religious-fervor for the talking points of the left I wondered if the remaining diners at the table would sit there politely... they did not. It was a microcosm of what I believe is about to happen in 3 days, election day. People who either supported the dream of "Change you can believe in" or were silently waiting to give government a chance to find its way, have awakened and are "Mad as Hell and are not going to take it anymore." The only people among my friends who want to stop posting political messages are those who think we just have not given Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Barack Obama enough time to change America. I don't like the changes made so far and I know I will hate the ones that are on the way if they retain the House, Senate, and the White House. Get out and vote and restore checks and balances to our government.

No comments:

Post a Comment