THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, April 10, 2011

WHO AM I

A common theme in poetry, literature and the movies, the eternal confusion we share as to who we are in our civilization vs who is the real "me" and the concept of ever changing. Jackie Chan wrote this:

WHO AM I?

Mirror shows me
The mask that I've been wearing
Whose echo echo speaks after I speak?
And all this time
Whose lines have I been saying?
Whose footprints are these that
follow me ?
All I was ...Forgot.
Who I was...I'm not.
Try to be like idle idols I know I know
We are made of two
Which one is really you?
What should I say, or do,I don't know

Pretend to be, pretending not be
Whose shadow is this that is under me? Whose burden is this
The one that I'm carrying?
By Whose name do they call?
Are they calling me?
Who I was...Forgot.
All I am...I'm not
Try to be like idle idols I know I know
I am made of three
Which one is really me?
What should I see, or hear, or speak,
I don't know

THEN THERE IS THE LINE FROM OUR MOST RECENT MOVIE WATCHING EXPERIENCE "THE NEXT THREE DAYS";

John Brennan: So, the life in times of Don Quixote, what is it about?


Female College Student: Someone's belief in virtue is more important than virtue itself?


John Brennan: Yes, that's the name, but what is it about? Could it be how rational thought destroys your soul. Could it be about the triumph of rationality and the power that is in that. Now we spend alot of time trying to organize the world, we build clocks and calendars and we try to predict the weather but what part of our life is truly under our control. What if we choose to exist purely in our reality of our own making, does that render us insane. If that does, isn't that better than a life of despair?


No comments:

Post a Comment