THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, September 20, 2012

MASSACHUSETTS HEALTH FOOD

When I think about political correctness, my thoughts immediately picture TAXachusetts, one of our most politically liberal states.  It's the state where a woman running for Senator can claim to be part American Indian to further her career and get a Harvard affirmative action appointment, get caught in the lie, receive the nickname FAUXcahontas, and still probably win the election against centrist Scott Brown.  All of the liberal causes that don't begin in Cal-e-for-nee-ah begin here. One expects that they would practice what they preach.  Barrier free handicapped bathrooms would be a start.  There are public restrooms here on Nantucket that can only be reached by a rock climber or a spelunker.  There is no requirement that a business even have a bathroom for customers.  I was riding my scooter to several errands yesterday, one of which was to go to The NANTUCKET Bank just off Main Street in DOWNTOWN Nantucket, to deposit a check.  By that time my full bladder was calling to me so I wandered into where I thought a public restroom would be and there were side by side doors labelled "Staff Only."  Locked and unavailable. The never friendly bank manager looked at me like I was Willy Sutton there to take all their money.  "Sir, can I help you?"  Then again I shouldn't complain since a handicapped person couldn't even get into the building because there are three steps in front and no ramp. I checked with zoning.  There is no restroom requirement for customers.

As for the food, though this Philly Cheese sandwich from Downyflake is absolutely delicious, it contains no vegetation (where's Michelle Obama when you need her?).  This is typical fare...burgers, lobster smothered in Mayo, deep fat fried chicken like they make in Alabama, and cheese on everything.  Fries come with every meal including if you just order a side of fries.  These had no salt.  Be still my heart.  No I mean really.

So they are not barrier free, the food is not Vegan, and they have lots of hunters.  IT IS MY KIND OF PLACE, I just wish they would stop preaching "do as I say, not as I do" and trying to elect Fauxcahontas to the Senate.

No comments:

Post a Comment