THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The DUCK Rides again

I have a LIttle YELLOW Scooter in Nantucket.  With the roads up here it is a perfect way to get from place to place and feel the breeze and fresh air.  The level of danger is about the same as walking or riding a bicycle here, visiting a historic house, or the likelihood of getting chest pain after seeing your bill after eating in one of the restaurants.  I have not given my toy a name as yet.  My grandkids have names for everything they own.  Every stuffed sheep has a pedigree.  I have tentatively named my scooter "the DUCK" because it is the color of a little rubber ducky.  While I was riding two days ago, before my head and neck injury visiting a historic house (see previous blog post) the odometer "rolled over" to 1000 miles.  I took a picture of this historic moment.  After all, this island is all about "history." Unlike when I visit historic houses, when I ride the Duck, I wear a helmet.

1 comment: