THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Something Natural in Sarasota


I am sitting here on a park bench at the Field Club in Sarasota looking at my house across the water. It is a beautiful sunny day with a few billowy clouds overhead. It is 74 degrees. I stopped off at the Publix Supermarket deli on the way over here and bought a sandwich similar to the one I would have ordered at Something Natural in Nantucket. Boar's Head turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, spicy mustard, and Swiss cheese on a whole grain roll. Not only does the taste bring me back to Cliff Road on Nantucket but the weather and the serenity of this outdoor picnic area as well. I took out my iPhone, snapped a couple of pictures and wrote this. Tomorrow I am going to the beach. Probably stop at Anna's Sandwich Shop first.

No comments:

Post a Comment