THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, March 6, 2011

FOR PETE'S SAKE

In 1961 when I started college they arranged us alphabetically and sat me next to a guy whose last name began with LA just like mine. We were pre-meds back then. We became good friends. After graduation we went to different medical schools. Then internship, and finally we both took orthopedic surgery residencies and became board certified in the field. We served in the military (Army for me) and one time I visited him at camp LeJeune (he was a Marine-Navy doctor) and we operated together.

I got a call from Pete last week telling me he and his wife were coming to Florida for a week to visit his sister-in law. He drove about 1 1/2 hours down from north of Tampa to spend the day. We had a great time. The last time we saw them was at their daughter's wedding a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment