THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, March 7, 2011

MEDITERRANEAN 2

When I know I have a big evening ahead of me, in the culinary sense, as in Black Tie Charity event, I stop by my favorite local restaurant and order one of these for lunch...Mini Greek salad with anchovies and extra feta cheese. It is practically free. I get out of there including infinite refills of diet coke (no Coke, Pepsi) for a few dollars. In the Mediterranean sense, it has vegetables, healthy cheese, olive oil, and oily fish for the Omega 3 benefit. The coke has no High Fructose Corn Sugar since it is diet cola. An Ice tea would be better but operating on the principle of "Water which is too pure has no fish" I make a few less than perfect choices. Choosing diet coke over Ice tea is one of these.

Not that they need any more business, the place is filled to capacity every day for lunch and dinner, for a good reason, you should try it when in Sarasota. It is on South Tamiami Trail south of Barnes and Noble and north of Office Depot. DEMETRIOS. The proprietor is Dino Karounis, a real greek, his wife is a latina, and his daughters, who work there, have inherited the best of both blood lines. Whoops, I guess I gave away my real reason for eating there. My bad.

1 comment: