THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, February 26, 2012

GRASSHOPPER WISDOM

Master Po and Kwai Chang Kaine together in the Shaolin Temple where Kaine got his nickname "Grasshopper."
Master Po: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

2 comments:

  1. Comfort is knowing we can call on you for anything and everything, and you always are our first call for every minor or major crisis. But don't worry, as far as the water goes, we will avoid bothering you the next time we have a plumbing blunder...in the middle of the night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF I only lived closer I could come on over. "Come to Sarasota, ask for Rocky" Which reminds me, I will do a post about my "NICKNAME."

    ReplyDelete