THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, February 16, 2012

YOU KNOW IT AIN'T EASY

We went out to dinner last night with good friends. I spent a while listening to my (male) friend's opinion of my writing. He was very complimentary on my style and the information shared. He was not as happy with the general pessimistic tone and negativity. I have heard this before, even from myself. I would prefer to NOT be a Debbie Downer when writing. Most of the TV news shows from the right and left are polarized and critical of the other side. Then there are the conclusions I have reached from my own research which are reflected in the cartoon to the left.

Now that I got that out, I would like to concentrate on other things in this blog, things that may be more uplifting (insert Victoria's Secret joke here). So from this point forward, through the summer and past the election cycle, I will leave the vitriol to MSNBC and FOX News, and specialize in funny, and helpful, and the "i" skills of insight, intuition, and imagination. I may have to begin by shooting my TV, my final act of political catharsis. Keep me honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment