THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WISDOM

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit...wisdom is knowing NOT to put it in a fruit salad. Other examples of wisdom include NOT opening a 10,000 sq ft restaurant with a Key West-Bulgarian fusion theme and expecting to need 2 reservation lines. Another might be writing a BLOG and expecting that more than 2 people will let you know they like to read it. Or that ANYONE would post a comment ON the Blog.

Our Air Conditioning service company sent someone to our home to repair our A/C which is heating the house when it should be cooling it. He seems like a very nice man and an experienced A/C technician but by his own admission he has NEVER worked on a wireless thermostat which is integral to our system. I had to buy these because when we had new units installed a couple of years ago they could not replace the wires that ran from our old thermostats to the air handlers and the old wires did not have enough individual smaller wires to do the 9 things needed to operate modern equipment. So $500 dollars later, we have a working system until it doesn't then we have to find the one guy on the planet who can fix this setup and I don't think it is the guy presently in my garage.

Anyway, I still would like to hear from my readers sometime somehow by phone, email, text, or by commenting ON the blog. So PLEASE let me know if you are enjoying these and if they are in need or new subject matter. I would appreciate your supporting this work of art as I would yours.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, but more importantly, I appreciate it. You might say that I was one of the biggest proponents of you starting this way back when, and I'm so glad you did and look what you've achieved! 600+ posts later, you have managed to cover every topic under the sun, document your dual island existence, and keep up a dialogue that manages to be personal and engaging. Don't let your methodology depend on something so arbitrary as comments. Your voice is heard, it was missed during that quiet period last fall, and I can't wait to see what's next. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete