THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, September 6, 2010

N O T I C E


The ORACLE apologizes to his loyal readership for not publishing over the last week. I tried to make up for it today. The I-O, loyal APPLE computer sycophant, was "dead in the water" when his faithful writing companion, MAC the laptop, crashed. I have an iPhone, an AirPort wireless modem, and just about everything else APPLE makes. I ordered, received, and immediately sent back my iPAD because it seemed to be extraneous and an overlap to my existing technology. So I don't have one of those. Maybe later.
I took my MAC computer to Computer Solutions here on Nantucket. I have bought two printers, lots of ink, and paper, and some other gizmos there over the past month and they are generally nice and competent. They sell APPLE products and I have bought things from them for a fair price considering the island we live on. They have NO IDEA what they are doing when it comes to repairing a MAC laptop, in my opinion. I took it in, left if for a few days, paid $50, and took it home. It still did not work so after trying to save a few files that had not been backed up to disc, thumbdrive, or external hard drive, I FedEx shipped it to my local reseller in Sarasota, Computer Advantage. They called a couple of days later to tell me it may be covered under a recall even though my AppleCare extended warranty has expired. I have patronized them more than once and have been satisfied in the past. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I will not have to shell out $$$$ for a new laptop. I am not a spreadsheet guy or a gamer so I don't need all the bells and whistles that come on the new models and cost more. I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

2 comments:

  1. Yo Rocky,

    Here's another take on the IPAD - specifically citing some productivity tools which you may find useful.

    http://twilightjunction.blogspot.com/2010/09/apple-ipad-uniquely-personal-device.html

    You may want to shell out a few $ and buy the stock as I recently did and plan to buy more this week.

    No Mas Dinero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip. I am not clever enough to know when to buy or sell APPL. I do know that in these times of economic woe, it is up to me to not throw money at every toy that is advertised. I can afford to buy a Rolls Royce but I never will. As Billy Joel once wrote. "Don't spend your money on a new pair of speakers, you get more mileage from an old pair of sneakers."

    ReplyDelete