THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TEST DRIVE

Drivin' this JEEP all day today. The cobble stones of Main street are only one of the rough terrain opportunities on the island. There are places where you can drive on the beach, many roads that are unpaved, and parking spots that are only accessible if you go over a tall curb. As I have written before, this is the single most common vehicle on Nantucket, for a reason. Most of them are convertible, and if there were ever convertible weather, this is it. 60s and 70s are the norm. I will report to you after today if my neck is not too sore to sit in front of my computer. I may get one when I get back to Sarasota, so that I can keep in touch with my inner island-ness. It also could be the dumbest thing ever, and I'll abandon the idea. Today's the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment