THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SUNRISE in SARASOTA

We left Nantucket yesterday afternoon. It was a busy morning packing up a few things that did not get into the SUV when it was driven south 2 days ago. And then there's the stuff my daughter, her husband, and the babies brought back. Caesar brought less with him when he crossed the Rubicon.

We said goodbye to Nantucket and in 3 hours we landed in Sarasota. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. which is my custom and I watched the sun come up out of our east window in the family room. I made coffee and it smelled good. Unfortunately it didn't taste so good so I had a diet coke instead. I don't know if it was the Hazelnut creamer that has been in freezer for 4 months, or the coffee kept in the refrigerator, or the coffee maker (which I cleaned twice) or the water. Whatever it was...it was not as good as the one I had yesterday in Nantucket just before I packed up the Cuisinart.

Anyway, I wont take this as a metaphor for our return. Sarasota looked better than I expected it to be, including the North Trail which we had to pass on the way home. It looks like we lost 2 coconut palm trees since we have been away. They turned brown after this past winter's freeze and never came back The others ones look good and are sprouting nice green fronds. Minor problems will crop up over the next few days but it is good to be back on our other island, Siesta Key. NOW WHERE IS THAT TO-DO LIST?




2 comments:

  1. Welcome home to Sarasota, Phil! It's good to see you again! Love the blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IN MOST WAYS IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK. I HAVE DELAYED IN MY PROGRAM TO LIVE THE ISLAND LIFESTYLE ON THE ISLAND OF SIESTA KEY THAT I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD WHILE ON THE ISLAND OF NANTUCKET. I HAVE NOT WALKED, BIKED, NOR RIDDEN WITH THE TOP DOWN, NOR GONE TO THE BEACH. IF I DO NOT DO THESE THINGS WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK, I HEREBY GIVE PERMISSION TO ALL THOSE WHO KNOW ME TO GIVE ME A SWIFT KICK IN THE BUTT. PLEASE ASK BEFORE KICKING.

    ReplyDelete