THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, May 22, 2011

APPS from APPLE

If you have an i-Phone or an i-MAC or any other Apple computer or cell phone product, you know what APPs are. (Other phones and computing products use them too, but nothing like an iPhone.) They are little programs that do some really clever things. I have APPs that give me the weather, scan price tags, allow me to dictate emails, and about 50 other things. I know some people with many more. Most are free and some can cost from $.99 on up. When I turn on my phone, along the bottom, the menu shows me that there have been updates or upgrades to my APPs almost every week. This constant improvement is appreciated but I have to allow this to happen and wait for each of the APPs to do its thing. I can just imagine how long it would take if I had lots of APPs.
I think that there is price to pay for all this technology. It takes a piece of every day just updating software, waiting for things to boot-up, and then there is the incessant SPAM that comes in through every electronic crevice.

1 comment:

  1. Download Foursquare that way you can check in every time you go to a new place on the island and sometimes get special deals too.

    ReplyDelete