THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ARNO KIDDING ME?

Just across Main Street in Nantucket from a restaurant where I have NEVER had a bad dinner (Even Keel) is a restaurant (ARNO'S) Where I have never had a good one. This is the place I reported on last year for their under-stair bathroom with the dark painted ceiling where, if you pee standing up, you hit your head.

We were tempted by their pre-season 1/2 price ENTRE' sale to go there last night at 7. You get even less than you pay for even at 1/2 price. We were a party of 6 and sat in a dark corner. At first I though that when the waiter came over immediately to take our drink order his response was just disappointment over our not ordering 40 dollars worth of drinks. By the end of the evening I came to find out that he was either a Zombie, or in a coma. The service was very slow. It took us an hour from the time we ordered our food to the time it came. When it finally arrived, perhaps they were doing us a favor by the long delay. If I were not with friends, I would have walked out after the first 1/2 hour. BY THE WAY, at 7pm on a night the advertised 2 for one entres they were OUT of 3 of the choices...Ribs, Rib-sys steak, and Salmon. WTF?

Now for the food. Two people ordered the Petit Filet which came on the same plate you would get IF you had a plate for a dinner roll. I ordered the Pizza of the Day which did arrive hot so I know they meant TODAY. It fit on a small plate. I had my Stanley Power Lock tape measure in my pocket because we were shopping for a small table to fit in a limited space earlier that day. . This accurately measured 8 inch pizza was $15 before the discount. It was not memorable for any other reason other than its price.

I will not go back to this place for dinner ever again even if someone else is paying. The service is bad, and the food is overpriced and average even for Nantucket. The 41 in their name is either their entre' price or how long it takes them to get it to you from the time you order. Go across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment