THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Friday, May 27, 2011

IF YOU CAN'T stand the heat.....

I walked off to Old North Wharf this morning at 9am to visit with friends. The Kitty frantically called me about a half hour later to tell me to come home because they are tenting the house across the street 50 feet away and we are all going to die. I came home and looked across the street at a

House that was not completely tented. Blue tarps covered the perimeter and there was a big blower at the front door connected to 4 big gastanks. There were NO signs of danger or skulls and crossbones like the sign pictured here. I saw the truck and it's logo which read ThermaPure. I asked the workers if they used any poison gas or just high temperature. Fortunately they said NO TOXIC GAS... they superheated the house to 150 degrees to kill, not dry wood termites like we have in Florida, but post beetles, bedbugs, mold and mildew. The kitty can stop holding her breath. Being conscious of environmental toxins, I heartily approve of this method of ridding a home of critters. The people moved back in the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment