THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, May 26, 2011

EARLY TO RISE

Here in Nantucket, it gets light early and the birdies start to sing around 4:30 am. I awoke at that time and could not fall back asleep. I quietly went outside to the living room, turned on my computer, made coffee, and settled into my "spot"on the sofa. With a pillow in my lap an my laptop on top of that pillow, I took 2 hours of Law Enforcement online continuing education, wrote my blog, answered emails that I thought would not "ding" at the other end and wake up the recipients, and of course, drank my coffee. It is now almost 8 am, I have been up for over three hours and have been extremely "productive."

There are two kinds of people from a body-clock perspective... Larks, who are early risers, and Owls who like to go to bed late. I am a Lark but with a solid nap in the afternoon, I can stay up to midnight. The Kitty is more of an Owl and is still sawing logs in the bedroom as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment