THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Friday, December 24, 2010

GOING ON WALKABOUT

Or driveabout as the case may be. The Christmas Holidays are upon us and the inevitable next holiday's "Resolutions" can't be far behind. Yes, fans, it's that time of year again. New Year's Eve and those promises we make to ourselves.."I will not eat like a pig anymore, I will go to the gym 3 times a week, and I will not max-out my credit cards with no hope of repaying before they bang-me-out with a 30% interest rate. " There are others but you get the idea.

Most of my resolutions from 2010 lasted well into January 2nd. Some were kept. This year I am compiling my list with an eye towards making them easier to keep. This is sort of like giving up Broccoli for Lent. I have not finalized them as yet but I am thinking along the lines of "Never pass a Starbucks without buying a Caramel Machiato double espresso frapuccino. " There are others but I will disclose those on New Year's Day. There will be resolutions that involve the Walkabout project. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the term, a "Walkabout" is an Australian tradition where men just take time out of their regular lives, jobs etc. and roam around doing whatever to "find themselves and recharge their batteries." Getting out of the usual rut whatever that might be, and not necessarily traveling in the physical sense. I guess whatever the usual is... doing something other than that is the core essence of Walking About.

No comments:

Post a Comment