THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

INSERTIONS (......)



Belonging to a private yacht and tennis club is very nice. Not that I/We play at yachting or tennis but we do eat there a lot. Every month they mail out a bulletin. It is filled with articles about the club that most people would not read...UNLESS...there were something in it for them like a picture of them, a complimentary review of their tennis prowess, or...the best of all...an insertion of the name and membership number of a club member (where's Waldo) into the text of one of the articles. This forces members to read every word in the hope that they will find their name and win a free bottle of wine.

I have had some concerns about who reads and who does not read my blog. I suspect that there are some secret followers out there who will not admit to reading, do not email me, and do not post comments. So, in an effort to "smoke-em out" I will INSERT something about them into the text of my blog postings and perhaps, like when my club members find their name and number, they might win a free bottle of wine. Bonnie. Or maybe, if they do not follow these musings, they will miss out on that vintage Mad-Dog 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment