THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, December 23, 2010

JOINT e-MAIL ADDRESSES

I have several friends who share email addresses with their wives. I send what I send to them and that includes all manner of (I will say three Hail Marys) smut, nudity and raunchy humor. Then periodically I will get an email message from the same address from the Mrs. thanking me for writing on such and such an issue on my blog, and I say to myself "WTF?" How do they handle the logistics of this? If the wife opens the email and it is entitled "3 pole dancers and a donkey" does she say "Honey it's for you." And if he sees something while he is on the computer from Saks, advertising triple points day.. does he leave it unopened? Or do they both look at everything? This is troubling. Some of these folks are in the health professions and are therefore more earthy than the average person and their wives have become inured to this kind of content over the decades of their marriages. The Kitty for example is impossible to shock unless there is someone else there in which case she kicks me under the table. Call it etiquette.

In the old days when we used "snail mail" and it came in an envelope, sometimes a plain brown one, there was an expectation that if you sent half-naked pictures of Raquel Welch to your friend, his wife would not open it. Email is similar when each has his or her own address. This BobSuzie@hotmail.com thing throws me. Call me old fashioned but unlike Bret Favre, I don't usually like to send neked pictures to women folk.

1 comment:

  1. I saw one of these couples last night at a party. Mrs. told me that ALL the emails are opened by Dr. because he is the computer devotee. HE tells her if she has any emails from her friends. One couple down... now what about the others?

    ReplyDelete