THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, July 11, 2010

TAKE IT OR LEVI IT

Before you think I am comparing myself to Jesus, like the Beatles did, please understand that even though some of my colleagues knew they were God, I never did, even when I was a surgeon. There are a couple of things that JC and I do have in common. We try to be helpful, but more often than not are disregarded. Oracles and gurus, prophets and the elderly (like me) are "without honor in our own country.". While we think of Jesus as a wise and patient man, the son of God, and our savior, there were some things that just pissed him off. Mostly it had to do with the Pharisees. To list a few of these things...making a pretense of holiness and righteousness, stealing from the poor, making long fake prayers, following the letter of the law but not the intent to be truly beneficent. You get it if you have read the Bible. There is controversy about what was meant about "a voice crying in the wilderness" but it is accepted in some circles as meaning "Talking to a wall."

So, I write this Blog in the hopes that some of the observations I make are worth taking in and doing with whatever you choose, and other wisdom gained from just having been alive for 66 years may be worth at least disregarding once heard. Sometimes I feel like Bruce Willis in the "Sixth Sense. " I am among friends or relatives and I opine on something, thoughtfully, and I wonder if the words only rattled around in my head or if they came out of my mouth. No response, no acceptance or rejection, no acknowledgement that words were ever spoken.

Like the definition of insanity..."Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" I seem to be living in "Groundhog Day." I wonder why I bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment