THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

At your BECK and call

If you really want to cause a major panty wad in Liberals, excuse me Progressives, mention the name Glen Beck. A couple of days ago, I was in the presence of a young person who happened to mention "how awful" Glen Beck was and how he wished he would go away, or worse. I could not resist. I asked him what specifically he had heard Mr. Beck say that offended him, and when did he watch the TV show. Of course he was unable to say anything specific but continued to call Beck a racist and a moron, and a bunch of other vitriol was thrown in the general direction of Fox News. I repeated my question about when he actually saw one of Beck's shows and and eventually it was revealed that he had never actually seen the show but was certain that Beck was all the horrible things he earlier described. I had lowered my expectations when speaking to the very young and very liberal, regardless of how "bright" and academically gifted they are. I usually counter their opinions by saying..." I'm sorry, I guess I am just not YOUNG enough to know everything."

Believe it or not, I have actually watched the Rachel Maddow Show and Keith Olberman...so that I could speak with greater accuracy when referring to them as narrow minded bigots from the LEFT. It is much less likely to encounter Progressives who have actually exposed themselves to opposing views. Admittedly, this is all to common on the RIGHT as well. So my conservative friends, take some Imodium and turn on MSNBC some night and watch the whole thing. "Know your friends, but know your enemies better."

No comments:

Post a Comment