THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My BAD (Mea Culpa)

The other day, I wrote a post concerning Charlie Crist, present Florida Governor and independent candidate for U. S. Senate. I found his "neither a Republican nor a Democrat" status attractive. I admit that I was not up to date with the facts. I researched our local newspaper, the Sarasota Herald Tribune's archives and found some very disturbing facts about Charlie Crist. I also found some interesting allies mentioned. First among these is Dr. Gary Kompothecras, the man behind 1-800-ASK-GARY, a medical/legal referral service. Others supporting Crist were former Republican politicians Lisa Carlton, and John McKay. The most surprising is Former Sheriff Charlie Wells who has an outstanding reputation for being one of the squarest shooters in our state...kind of the Joe Arpaio of Florida.

Anyway, I am really torn now. Some people I admire are supporting Crist, and others who are in his camp are, in my opinion, bottom feeders. I guess I will have to do more homework. The articles from SHT also say that some of his biggest supporters are Trial Lawyers, traditionally Democrat supporters. This does not speak well for Crist. I can't think of the last time when I was on the same side as the Trial Lawyers. Individual ones, yes, but the group as a whole and the things they want for themselves from those they help gain office, no. Witness the COMPLETE ABSENCE of tort reform in the Health Care bill under the OBAMA administration. Trial lawyers made that (not) happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment