THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I DID NOT NEED BERNIE MADOFF

I did not need Bernie Madoff to ransack my portfolio, in fact I never invested a dime with the bastard. I bought ordinary things like a home and an office for my business, and a number of other safe and sound investments. Well, if you have enough money in America to even have a net worth statement, you may not even want to look at the carnage. So, go back to watching "America's Got Talent." Oh, sure, that's one way of dealing with the fact that even though you will be paying more real estate tax to your local crooks, I mean taxing authorities, your home and office building are worth a fraction of their former value only a few short years ago.

Every year, the property appraiser thought my Medical Office was worth 30% more and they enjoyed taxing it based upon that premise. I fought them in the Value Adjustment Board and lost because they have the "presumption of correctness." I was assured that if and when the value of the building goes down, the taxes would go down. Well the value did, but at the same time, those greedy pigs raised the milage rate so that I actually pay more tax this year despite the building being worth far less. YOU CAN'T WIN. When things get tough in your family you budget and scrimp and save and do without. The government does none of these things, they just tax you more.

So, who needs Bernie when we have Barney? Barack is on the attack and he wants your wallet...maybe you even voted for him. BUT, if you are paying attention to your finances and really care that those who were supposed to be watching the store were actually the thieves who robbed you blind, be sure to remember this in November when you get YOUR ONE AND ONLY CHANCE to throw these criminals out. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. Yet I see that once again the idiots of our county in Florida have chosen the same person to be our prospective NEXT county commissioner in the latest primary. Oh, puleeze, are we that stupid? Maybe we are just getting what we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment