THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BEAUTY is more than SKIN DEEP

The number one most common Tattoo is Harley Davidson. More people have permanently inked the H-D logo to their skin that any other American symbol. That is because there are so many dyed-in-the-wool Harley Riders out there. There are not that many members of the Wharf Rats, a very special club in Nantucket. But, that does not make them any less rabidly proud of their club. A member, and friend, who is the daughter of an artist, and a bit of a flower child, has had tattoos ever since I have known her...on her ankle and her foot. She arrived this morning on the dock sporting this new tattoo. It is the official flag (Burgee) of the Wharf Rats. It demonstrates her commitment to the club. There were a few raised eyebrows and a couple of questions especially from an Admiral (member) who still has a great deal of military bearing. But I think it's great. I don't think I will ever have a tattoo...for two reasons...I probably will be allergic to the ink, and I really can't think of anything I care enough about except my family, to have it tattooed on my skin forever. I just might just get a Henna one of something...maybe a Kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment