THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, August 21, 2010

NEVER on SUNDAY

Some time ago, the Catholic Church decided to get back to it's Jewish roots and allow its members to attend church on Saturday. Our local Catholic church is St Mary's in downtown Nantucket, right on Federal Street next to the post office. It just seems to work out that the Kitty finds it more convenient to go to mass on Saturday.

The service was over at 6pm and I was outside waiting for her to come out after presumably praying for her heathen husband. It is a clear day but it was starting to get dark...a big difference from our days in June when we arrived here. The changing of the seasons is just around the corner. Up here in winter, all the leaves fall off the trees and freezing weather sets in until spring. Back where I come from, in Sarasota, the weather can still be hot and sweaty in December but then all of a sudden we get 32 degree weather for a week and it kills your palm trees. At least the ones that were not knocked down by the hurricane.

Today was a day like so many others on the island, filled with sweet nothings. I started the day at the Wharf Rat Club where I hung with my homeys for an hour or two. It is something like what I do back in Sarasota with Stan and Jimmy at the mall, only there we are Mall Rats rather than Wharf Rats. The babies had a dance class at the Atheneum (library). We went to see them and I took a lot of photos and videos. The Kitty and I went to Something Natural, one of our favorite places to eat and got a HUGE Turkey-Swiss-Veggie Sandwich on oatmeal bread which we shared and still had some left over. I dropped her off downtown and she did some retail therapy...I took a nap as is my custom. Then, as I wrote above, we walked into town (about ten minutes) she went to pray and I had a nice cup of Hazelnut coffee on Main street.

We are back home now and had a very nice dinner she made with chicken, spicy sauce, three colors of peppers, tomatoes accompanied by a tall glass of Pinot Grigio. Mmmm. We picked up a couple of movies and probably will watch Shutter Island tonight. The babies' nanny, Amy Mac, says that we will love it.... not a slasher film but rather very Alfred Hitchcock. Will report on it tomorrow. I got some positive feedback on my blog today, two e-mails and a very special call from Sarasota from an old friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment