THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, August 5, 2010

HAS YOUR OX BEEN GORED TODAY?

I write an entry into this blog every day. Some of them are funny, and some are caustic because I care a lot about the subject about which I am writing and I see so much hypocrisy and BS, I feel I must write my true feelings. Most of the time, when I write these more acerbic posts, I get resistance and second guessing about how harsh I am being or how someone will be offended from friends and relatives. I guess I am not cut out for being a shock-jock or an AM radio personality. I care too much about what my homeys think. I wonder if Sean Hannity has to run his show by his friends or family first to see if it is OK? I suspect Rush Limbaugh does not, but then again he has had a few wives, maybe they just couldn't take the unexpurgated version of things and left. Anyhow, writing just is no fun if I have to think all the time about whose OX will be gored by what I have to say. I know people in many professions...medicine, law enforcement, politics, real estate, and entertainment. So, I guess I can't write anything but platitudes about any of those. And, if that were my goal, to puff up people for the fine job they are doing and how everything in their line of work is "great" and not in need of any whistle blowing or even a light jab, I would just continue to write this blog. Unfortunately, it is not. When I am not poking a hole in someone's phony balloon or "goring their OX" I just don't have any fun. If this is not for fun, and I don't get paid for it, what's the point?

I am glad that I no longer spend time in the operating room because the jokes I used to tell would get me sent to Human Resources for discipline. You can't criticize the president without being called a racist. Life is getting a bit too rule bound and there are way too many OXEN. Mooooo (or whatever Oxen say).



2 comments:

  1. With the exception of soccer and some culinary mishaps (like ordering the lettuce wraps at Corazon), your posts conform with most of your like-minded friends' and relatives' ideals and concerns. They may not comment and they may not 'like' your entry like on on Facebook, but they keep coming back for more. Forge on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day I make a post
    Topics that I love the most
    Hoping to contribute joy
    Or educate the Hoi Poloi
    To help others have some fun
    No one comments, and I'm done

    ReplyDelete