THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, July 23, 2011

GRASSHOPPER

Master Po: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?

Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.

Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?

Young Caine: No.

Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?

Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?

Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?


THERE IS AN OLD STORY about the mother who is invited to her son's apartment to meet his prospective fiance. She spends the evening being sociable with three women who sat on his sofa. At the end of the evening, the women leave and the son asks his mother "I am going to marry one of those women. Which one do you think I have chosen?" She replies "The one in the middle." The son is astonished and says "How did you know she was the one?" Mom answers "Because I didn't like her."

The KITTY usually has a sixth sense about these things. I can do all the research and homework and make pro and con lists and she talks to someone for 5 minutes and says "I don't trust him." From now on, I won't even bother looking at the balance sheet of anything, I will just order a CAT scan, in other words, I will introduce him to the KITTY. I may be the Grasshopper, but she is Master PURR.

1 comment: