THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A PEARL of a RESTAURANT

Located on 12 Federal Street in Nantucket is the PEARL, a high-end dining establishment that is worth a visit. They used to have a huge aquarium in their main dining room but somehow it exploded this week and fish were flapping everywhere. They said that they managed to save every one including Nemo but the SUSHI jokes are endless among customers.

It was my daughter's birthday, and her husband can not be outdone when it comes to throwing a party. The wine and food were flowing and everything was delicious. My liver would not be able to dine there more than once every couple of weeks but each item we had including the dinner roll (which as you know is the first sign of a good or bad restaurant) was better than the last. I ordered the fried lobster on asian noodles as my entre' and it was a large portion, very yummy, and looked nice too. Unfortunately the darkness of the room made the iPhone photo I took a bit murky and it would not do it justice, so I photographed their sign outside instead and enhanced the exposure a bit.

Other than the prices seeming to be in Liras there is nothing not to like about this restaurant. I guess it is better to eat one meal at a fine restaurant than two average ones in most of the other island establishments. Go to the Pearl. It is asian cuisine done well, served well, and don't ask about Nemo, it is a sore subject.

1 comment:

  1. The decor has a hint of Miami, if I do say so myself.

    http://www.thepearlnantucket.com/

    ReplyDelete