THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

PARSIMONYTUCKET

A fictitious town in NEW ENGLAND not far from Cape Cod where old things that are neither serviceable nor safe are kept in use because of their historical value. Where nobody buys anything new until the old thing it would replace falls apart underneath you as happened today to the Oracle on a deck overlooking the harbor. A chair that in it's prime was worth + or - $5, gave up the ghost whilst I was seated unsuspectingly in it, causing me to fall on my right hip and buttocks. It messed up the day I had planned, which included a vigorous workout at the gym. The Kitty came by in the SUV to get me as I was not feeling the love for a walk home. We stopped at SOMETHING NATURAL which like the kissing of a boo boo (not appropriate due to the gluteal location of my injury) makes things feel better.

Oh, well at least the sharp pointed end of the broken chair leg did not perform a nephrectomy on me (removal of a kidney) and I did not break my hip. The jury is still out on the Sacrum or lumbar vertebrae. If things get worse, the Oracle will be writing a blog about what it is like to go to the Emergency Room at the Nantucket Cottage Hospital and get and x-ray. The word "cottage" in the name is a little off-putting. Kind of makes me wonder if blood letting and leeches would be involved.

Well, I feel a little sore right now all over so I am going to down another dose of TYLENOL and take a short nap. Looking forward to tomorrow morning when I will go back to those thrilling days of yesteryear when I awoke Sunday morning, having played College Football the day before. Oy.

2 comments:

  1. PS: do not buy these cheesy plastic chairs. There are stronger chairs available that are just as serviceable, no less attractive, and will not collapse under you. They could not cost that much, even on Nantucket. The next time I am driving down b the Marine Home Center I an going to check them out. I would buy one for myself but it would be absconded with because the only rule where i would be used is "No reserved seating for the mighty, or anyone else."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hunch a visit to my favorite sandwicherie was in order today though I lament the circumstances. Feel better, IO. Plastic chairs are incongruous with Nantucket and instead every deck and patio should be adorned with a colorful assortment of sturdy Adirondack chairs.

    ReplyDelete