THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The TAVERN

Right down at the docks where the HyLine ferry arrives there is a restaurant with a nice outdoor seating area. Despite the gangbuster tourist business they do, they retain their friendliness and good service.

Tonight, Thelma and Louise (The Kitty and Jennie) had an event to attend and I was left to dine on my own. I drove around a little, then parked in my own driveway and walked a few blocks into town. Out of all the places I could have had my all-American meal of a cheese burger, fries and a tall cold draught beer I picked the TAVERN. I had a table for one outside right on the perimeter of the plaza. The people watching opportunities were excellent and the food was EXACTLY what I wanted. The prices were reasonable. The burger was under $10, $2 more with the fries. The Oracle gives it a solid 9/10. Better than the touristy location would suggest.

1 comment: