THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The KITTY went to the BALLET

I would do almost anything for the Kitty. In fact, the only exception I can think of is going to the BALLET. When I was in medical school, the father of one of the other medical students was the "team doctor" for the New York City Ballet. Several of us had the chance to be assistants and help to treat the performers. Mostly the problems were feet, specifically toes. Even at a young age, the amount of degenerative arthritis and deformity was severe. Most of them had been dancing on point since they were children. On top of this, the majority of the dancers were intellectually dull, having managed to avoid any real education while practicing for hours and hours to rise to the top of this competitive business. Then there was the poverty, and the starvation. Couple that with the fact that I think the whole thing is "Fruity" and I don't enjoy the mandatory "steps" that comprise the dance (as in ice skating or gymnastics) I just couldn't do it. I stayed home and the Kitty went to the Ballet.

When I get a "boy's night IN", I often will watch a movie that she would not watch, especially more than once. Just as my kids watched Ferris Beuler's Day Off, or the grand kids watch Dora the Explorer, I can watch some films over and over and over. Heartbreak Ridge is one of these. I was in the mood for something a little more "spiritual" and I turned on The BUCKET LIST. If you have not seen it (like the Geico ad says) you must be living under a rock. Anyhow, if you have not seen it, I highly recommend it on both a personal growth level and for pure entertainment. Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson co-star in this scenic and touching masterpiece. I don't want to spoil it for you. Just find it on ION or one of those channels where they show old but not ancient movies.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful movie. One of my favorites. Beauty can be seen in this timeless tale that hits the mark. The greatest line in the movie is in the credits. Its a line from the song by John Mayer. "You better know that in the end It's better to say too much Than to never to say what you need to say again." This comment is also responsive to the post regarding Bob from earlier today. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete