THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ACK of the DAY

Nantucketers are very proud of their Airport Code...ACK. Just like Sarasota is SRQ and we have a magazine by that name, Everything that can have the letters A C K in it in Nantucket, does. License plates are a biggie. You are the "S*it" if your plate has ACK in it. ACKNICE, ACKFOG, ACKMAN, whatever. It is ev-re-where.

To celebrate that tradition, I have instituted a tradition on IslandOracle that I call ACK of the DAY. In my travels, I will photograph ACKs when I see them and then choose one to put online. I hope I don't find GynACKologist or ACKquarium.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew a plastic surgeon on island - someone who would benefit from my "Nip 'n Tucket" idea....

    ReplyDelete