THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

LARRY the LOBSTER and FRIENDS

Across the street from one of the more prestigious clubs on Nantucket is Sayle's Seafood. We could walk there from our place in about 15 minutes. They sell all sorts of seafood but the most memorable item is their three tanks of LOBSTERS. I't not like gas where a gallon costs 9 cents in Saudi Arabia. You would think that since they catch the buggers right here they would be....cheaper...than in Sarasota where they have to be air freighted. Au contraire. A pound of lobster meat is $40 (SHELL REMOVED) which explains why when you order Lobster Mac and Cheese it is as if they took regular Mac and Cheese and dipped the lobster in it momentarily so as to give it a hint of flavor.

I don't know how much a whole lobster costs especially these 3 pound ones. I forgot to ask. Anyway, if I were to buy one I would go by car. Walking one of these home from Sayle's would be an ordeal. First of all, they walk backwards on those little feet, secondly....the leash keeps slipping over their heads. Third, this is Massachusetts and they would probably need a license like a dog, and when we got home, not being Vietnamese, I probably could not bring myself to cook and eat my pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment