THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, June 13, 2011

HOME, HOME on the RANGE

HOME away from HOME, Nantucket. This lighthouse is a short walk from our place and depending on the season, can be a nice contemplative isolated place to spend the day. If there is a boat race, the place turns into Grand Central Station at rush hour because the boats race right past this point. When I mean boat race, I am not talking about the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix with the thousand horsepower engines roaring, but nice quiet sailboat races with the only sounds coming from the wind hitting the sails and the crew members shouting to one another. Sometimes it's little rainbow boats with sails of all colors, hence the name rainbow boat.

The weather is getting good again after two days of seasonal affective disorder, dreary, rainy, gloomy, and cold (55 degree). Not that we are going to have South Beach day, it will be about 65 and overcast at times, but I will be outdoors most of the day walking from place to place. My wife, the Kitty, asked me what I was going to do today, and I told her "Nothing." She said "I thought you did that yesterday." I replied..."I wasn't done."






No comments:

Post a Comment