THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

JA-TUCKET

Nothing comes as more of a surprise here on dis Island than the overwhelming presence of Jamaicans, not including the one in my own home. Since people take their traditions with them when they live in another place...for example New Englanders eat at Irish Pubs when in Florida, these JAH-MAY-CANS seek out their favorite products in stores. Nothing says West Indies like hot sauce...and not just any hot sauce, they love Scotch Bonnet Peppers, that would grow hair on a bowling ball. Pancho Villa himself would say "Ay, carramba, I don't gotta cho you no steenkin burned lips." This stuff is HOT HOT HOT. And you can buy it anywhere in this island. Right next to the white mashed potatoes and other exotic New England fare that reminds me of the buffet line at an Amish Restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be happy to know that I have been working on my spice palate and thanks to Sriracha, I have been taking on more kick with my bites...

    ReplyDelete