THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Sunday, June 19, 2011

SUNKEN SHIP

It is no wonder that I continue to vote in elections. I am not as observant as I thought I was. Though I am usually quick to notice connections and the six degrees of Kevin Bacon I did NOT make the connection between the Red Rowboat in Nantucket Harbor named the Sunken Ship, and the tourist store a hundred yards away by the same name. They also feature red in their advertising. I guess on an island where they would keel-haul you for suggesting that a McDonald's on Main Street would offer folks reasonable prices on food, you would think that something as transparent as ADVERTISING on the stern of a boat anchored for years in the harbor would be against some kind of law. For a state where they held the Boston Tea Party, they are very fond of regulations and taxes here.

I wish to thank my daughter in law for her keen observation and to apologize for my blindness in this instance. I promise to do better from now on. I may get my own rowboat in a Safety Yellow color and name it (on the stern facing passersby) the ISLANDORACLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment