THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rattus nantucketus

Reiterating what I reported last year, one of the highlights of my experience in Nantucket is the chance to visit the Wharf Rat Club. It is a place to meet the most interesting people. Often when I am seated as a guest on their deck overlooking the harbor, visitors to the island stop by, usually brought by a long time island resident/"Rat" for a cup of coffee and a story or two. I think that like the readers of my blog, the favorite stories are about funny things that happen in the news, island events, and just chit chat. Serious subjects, especially those which polarize like politics and religion are not as popular. As a visitor myself, albeit frequent, I respect this sentiment. As we all know, those subjects divide more people than they unite. Religion has a similar effect. My God is good, yours is a jerk. My candidate will save the Universe, yours will destroy America. Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment