THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, June 2, 2011

ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY


50 YEARS...haven't they gone by in a flash? I am receiving regular e-mails about this upcoming event. A chance to reunite with all those wonderful people from high school. When I got the first announcement, I pulled my year book down from the library ( I keep all my yearbooks) to see who among them I remembered and with whom I want to rekindle old friendships.

I played three varsity sports in high school and have some teammates I would not mind seeing. A few teachers may be there if they don't have something more pressing to do like rearranging their sock drawers. They would be in their later years if still around. There are a few that I would like to thank for being so helpful to me in life. And I literally mean a select few. But they were really special and dedicated people.

I doubt there are any of my classmates who are saying to themselves, I wonder if what-is-name will be there? I keep in touch with a couple of my classmates, one in Connecticut and the other in Los Angeles. I have not spoken to any of the others in 50 years. Perhaps that is the way it was meant to be. Then again.. WTF, it could be a hoot.

1 comment: