THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Friday, June 10, 2011

WOMEN are from VENUS, Men are....

Kitty went to the Salon this morning. She asked my how to get to such-and-such lane. I tried to tell her how to do it by using MEN terms like "go south on Pleasant Street and turn right onto Atlantic Avenue. I might as well have been speaking Mandarin. It's not that she does not know the names of many of the streets of Nantucket, it's just that she, like most women I know don't get places that way. Her idea of directions is more like "Drive on the bumpy road until you get to the Lamp store then turn right until you get to the crappy looking house with the purple drapes. Turn left and keep going a while until the Lobster restaurant on the right near where we get our gas and then go left until you see the windmill." It makes me want to tear those stringy things out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment