THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

COOKIE COOKIE

WITH SURFSIDE BEACH IN THE BACKGROUND, I hold up a small bag of Nantucket Cookies by Pepperidge Farm. I bought them at the little restaurant at Surfside Beach... they home of the $5 hamburger that is as good and large as the $15 one at LoLa. One of those insider tips you learn over time in Nantucket.

I don't know why this cookie is called the Nantucket. I suppose Pepperidge Farm felt the name was more romantic than say Secaucus or Hoboken. When I return to Florida perhaps I can invent the Sarasota Cookie. It could be a white flavorless Saltine without SALT (hypertension, you know). It could be on our supermarket shelves next to our other local foods, tacos and enchiladas, by fall.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the Kitty should come up with a killer scone called the Sconset...

    ReplyDelete