THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, June 26, 2010

GOTTA KEEP UP

I heard the other day that there was a movement afoot to fight off the next wave of data storage. People have just converted their "library" to BlueRay and are worried about what will replace this technology and make them have to start all over again. I am a fairly "wired" guy. I have an iPhone, a laptop, internet, a BLOG, way too many digital TV channels, wireless in my home, and I check my email every day. So, what's the problem? People, the masses, have moved on. I just became a member of FACEBOOK, but I feel like I just bought a VCR, maybe even BetaMax. Even though there are 400 million users on Facebook, I sense that I am three steps behind. Sure there's MySpace, and a few other forms of joining the cyber-crowd but if you blink there's another NEW social network, or some virtual world you can join, or 3D...WTF...? It'a full time job keeping up. I was wondering where my friends were who were not commenting on my BLOG....they were answering email notifications that one of their 346 friends had posted something on their WALL. Or, they were trying to figure out where their friends were off to....and what the next cyber-wave will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment