THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'M STUFFED

Tonight the Kitty made a special dinner. The Mediterranean stuffed yellow squash was a complete "10". The pervasive cinnamon flavor, the light spiciness of pepper and Allspice, and the tender squash filled with a mixture of ground beef and rice combined to bring me to any of several countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. If it were not for the Nautical Nantucket blue dishes upon which it was served I would have sworn I was in Beirut of Athens, or maybe even Sicily. She tells me that a vegetarian version with ground veggies and currants and raisins mixed with rice would be equally yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo to El Gato! The dish looks superb - beautifully executed and very authentic. Looks like the island living is bringing out her creative culinary juices...

    In the words of the Famiglets, mas mas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm expecting MORE dinners from the Kitty when she get's back to Sarasota!Yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shell, just for you I expect her to try some veggie versions of her recipes. I am sure your taste buds will approve. The Casa de Gatita (cathouse, has another connotation in some places) restaurant is among the best in all of Nantucket.

    ReplyDelete