THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

GOVERNMENT CHEESE


Many of my good friends, those that really know me but despite that remain my friends, want me to write an unskatological post about politics....specifically the upcoming elections. Election day is only 5 months away. We get a chance to "throw the bums out" whoever they may be. If you are happy with anyone in congress you are in a small minority. None of my friends, as far as I know are among the 50% of Americans who pay NO income tax. If you are not paying any taxes and get huge benefits from being in America like for example, free government cheese, welfare checks or more money when you have more children, then I suggest you keep voting for whomever you always voted for. If, however, you are in the 50% of Americans that pay taxes and don't get free government cheese, ask yourself if anybody in congress is so wonderful that life would be empty and all would be lost without them. I will attempt to give you reasons to NOT REELECT ANYBODY without using the expression "a-hole" because my friends don't want me to be vitriolic. Your real estate values are severely damaged, your stock portfolio is in the dumpster, oil is landing on the beaches of Florida like troops on D-Day, and The Mexican border is more pervious than government cheese. Need more? If you paid even a slight bit of attention in high school you learned that it was the original intent of our founding fathers (we don't know what the mothers thought) that our elected representatives should be responsible citizens who take a couple of years out of their everyday lives to go to Washington to serve...and then go back to the farm or factory. These days, once these leeches get elected, they are in for life. For example, God's gift to Massachusetts, the "Honorable" Ted Kennedy, gorged himself at the government trough for 50 years. There are countless examples.

There is a specious argument that seniority is important because it takes time to learn how to be a congressperson and one term is not enough. Without giving you examples, just look at your own representative and see if he/she learned anything except how to get reelected.

When these folks come-a-callin' and asking you for your hard earned money to help them GET A JOB as your representative...ask them who gave you money to get your job. Pin them down on some special issue you care about and do what I did years ago when some phony came to my door and wanted my vote and my money. I asked him where he stood on tort reform. He looked at me and asked if I were a doctor or a lawyer so he could give me the answer he though I wanted. I slammed the door in his face. Do the same at election time...and THROW THE BUMS OUT.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I fully intend not to vote for any incumbent up for re-election. Our current legislators on both sides of the aisle do not deserve to be in office!

    I too am mad as hell and am not willing to take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete