THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The GREATEST TEACHER on EARTH

My three greatest teachers in life are my grand daughters and my grand dog, Sandy. There is an old joke about how you can tell who man's best friend is..."You lock your wife and your dog out of the house in the cold dark night, and after an hour you let them in. Your dog wags his tail and is happy to see you." Every day is a new day for children and pets. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not on their minds, and a good hug and a scratch behind the ear go a long way. Monetary value means little. We have all bought some big expensive present for our kids and find that they prefer to play with the box it came in. They have so much to teach us about being in the moment and unconditional love. It is never a surprise to me how some of our good friends treat animals and spend time and money rescuing them from abandonment and cruelty. they bring out the best in most of us. On top of that, this little doggie reminds me of Yoda from Star Wars. A lovable little fuzzball on the outside and a Jedi Master within.

1 comment:

  1. Well, clearly your best post yet.

    "My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am."

    ReplyDelete