THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trashy Neighborhood

Today is the day they pick up our trash. The cans and plastic containers go in one clear plastic bag (clear because you can't be trusted with an opaque bag, you might sneak a bottle in there and it won't decompose in the landfill over the next 4,000, 000 years). The glass goes in another. Everything else goes in the "everything else" clear bag. I presume if I had nuclear waste it would go in that bag. I don't...this week.

Back where I come from, and probably here, they have "Indian Mounds." These are landfills that were created by various tribes in previous centuries. Archaeologists and liberals dig around in these piles to find broken pieces of pottery and glass,, tools, and whatnot. By carefully recycling all of our glassware, plastic, and metal cans, and allowing only things that will decompose to be buried in our "Mounds" we are depriving future generations of the opportunity to learn about our culture by looking at our broken pieces of pottery or the equivalent thereof. They will have to rely upon old recorded TV programs to learn about how we lived and our level of scientific advancement. I hope they don't find any copies of "Deal or No Deal" or "John and Kate plus Eight." They will think we were morons.

It's another bright clear and cool day. The temperature at 5:30 am is 65 degrees. It will get as hot as 75 today. Each day I drive our car less and when I do I leave all the windows open. It's easy to see why so many people have open jeeps. I will post another message about our movie choice from last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment